A New Texas Guinan & Mae West
When director Louis Lopardi was casting for the role of MAE WEST in "Courting Mae West," he was seeking a powerhouse of an actress with sex appeal and industrial strength charisma. He discovered his leading lady portraying Mae West in Sam Shepard's play "Mad Dog Blues."
• • Born on September 25th, actress Yvonne Sayers was raised in Shreveport, Louisiana.
• • Surrounded by a family of fun-lovers who enjoyed entertaining, her passion for performing flowered at a young age.
• • During high school, Yvonne enrolled in a local acting school while immersing herself in ballroom dancing and modeling, which led to several local gigs.
• • After graduation, she headed to The Big Apple and took acting classes at the T. Schreiber Studio. An interest in cinema led her to the New York Film Academy, where she graduated with Special Recognition for her work as a Cinematographer. She wrote, directed, produced, and was the cinematographer for several of her own short films.
• • Currently, Yvonne divides her time in front of the camera as well as behind it; she is a Production Assistant for such shows as "Law & Order Criminal Intent," "Ed," etc.
• • Eileen Glenn will portray the "Queen of the Night Clubs" herself. An actress of immense authority and physical charm, Eileen invests Texas Guinan with a warm-hearted intensity.
• • Rehearsals for "Courting Mae West" will begin on June 7th in Manhattan in midtown under the watchful eye of Mr. Lopardi, his stage manager, and the playwright.
• • "Courting Mae West: Sex, Censorship, and Secrets" — — which features Texas Guinan in the cast — — will be onstage at the Algonquin Theatre [123 East 24th Street, New York, NY 10010] from July 19th — 22nd, 2008.
• • Get ready to come up and see Mae West and Texas Guinan onstage in mid-July 2008.
• • Photo: Mae West and Texas Guinan • • 2008 • •