Texas Guinan Onstage in 2008
• • The event's board of directors met and approved my director's pitch — — and my play "COURTING MAE WEST" has cleared the first hurdle to be onstage during their annual early July festival in a theatre in Manhattan.
• • The festival offers over 30 live acts. Mine is one of the two plays they will produce. My 95-minute serious-minded comedy will be shown FOUR times onstage [in a theatre with fewer than 99 seats].
• • Texas Guinan is in the cast along with other real-life characters that Mae West knew (and Mae knew quite a lot of characters).
• • After the 9 February 1927 performance of "SEX," Mae was hauled off to Jefferson Market Police Court on Sixth Avenue, where she spent the night locked up with streetwalkers and drug addicts.
• • Details and ticket prices will be posted when available.
• • Get ready to come up and see Mae onstage during July 2008.
• • Photo: Texas Guinan's friend • • 1927 • •